Thursday, November 17, 2011

Trying harder!

So I got a few secrets posted about me recently...To be honest, it used to upset me when I got negative posts, but these really didn't bother me at all. Maybe because they were more constructive - and it didn't hurt that they both said I was cute!

Its hard for me to think I don't wear enough make up compared to how little I used to wear, but I can see how maybe the way its applied is not very gal.

I'm not fat, so this didn't bother me. However, this is definitely a very unflattering picture of me. And I really was thinking of comfort more than fashion with this outfit. >.<


So instead of getting upset like I used to, I decided to take their advice. To be completely honest, I have not been trying very hard with my outfits lately. I have been lazy, and thinking of comfort first. Also, I am so tired of everything in my closet, so I get discouraged when trying to put together coords. I end up doing the same thing all the time. My make up...well I still try with that, but I haven't really been trying to make it look gal specifically, so they caught me on that one!

Monday night I decided to give it another go. I have been glued to Momoko's blog lately, and it helped me beak out of the box a little with my coord.




What I wore:
Fake Fur Stole: Thriftstore
Necklace: Charming Charlies
Top: JCPenny's?
Bracelets: ??
Leggings: a gift~
Shoes: Izaac Mizrahi (but I got them brand new at a thriftstore!)
Extensions: Luxy Extensions
Lenses: GEO 14mm in fresh grey



I wore my extensions! I always have so much trouble with these! For a long time the color was too off, and it was too thick, and then I couldn't figure out how to style it. But I cut them recently to thin them out and blend them better, and I like how it turned out! I still have a hard time blending them with my natural hair, but I guess that will come with practice.


I was using a picture of Momoko's make for reference. I used a darker shade to contour my nose and for my eye shadow, wore lower lashes and set them lower than my natural lash line, went lighter on the blush, and wore lipstick (which I never do!). I was at my boyfriends and I didn't have all my make up, so my eyebrows are bare. I thought I would give it a try, and I really don't like it! They look so sparse!

My only complaint about the make up is that I fele it looks funny from far away. My eyes look droopy and my nose looks pinched. But I think it looks really good close up.




I'm going to try to dress up again tomorrow. I may also cut my bangs again. I feel like bangs are a gal staple.
So what do you think? Is this an improvement? Any suggestions?

~<3

4 comments:

  1. you are deffinitely not fat :P whoever made that secret was just trying to get to you.
    I like the extensions and your make up here ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, thanks! I see you are a Pupe Girl lover! I will be sure to add you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I hope I can do a successful repeat today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bah.. Ignore the haters.. And YES heavier foundations do hurt, actually =/ If you feel good being how you are right now, then so be it!Yes, I agree it isn't very gyaru style but heck, do it your way

    ReplyDelete