Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Make up Inspo!

I've been experimenting a lot with my make up lately. Its been very hard for me to balance something that looks gyaru, with a style that suits my face. So I've been doing some studying! A few girls I've been looking at are Serina, Izumi Mana, Rumika, Momoko Ogihara, and Ozaki Sayoko.

Serina

Her look is a little too extreme for me, but its a look I could maybe play around with for special occasions.

 Izumi Mana

Yesterday I did my eye make like Izumi, even copying the "puffy eye" trend. I thought it looked a little strange, especially since I wasn't wearing any lashes or lenses (I was just lazing around at the bf's house), but I got a compliment when we went out to grab some food!

Rumika

I just think this girl is adorable over all, and she really makes me want to cut my hair shorter!

Momoko

I've tried, but it is hard to replicate Momoko's make up! I think its because her distinctive eyebrows really lend a lot to her whole look.

Ozaki Sayoko

Sayoko is my newest inspiration. I've always thought she was beautiful, but previously dismissed her make up style because I was worried it wouldn't look distinctly gyaru on a Western face. However I'm trying out her look today (again, no pics since I'm not wearing lashes or lenses - just going to work), and I really like it! I think her make up suits my face better than most, so I can't wait to try it out sometime when I can really go all out!

I feel a little weird drawing inspiration from AV gyaru. In fact, I used to be really against it, and frown on people who did. But honestly, it just their profession, and you can't deny that they have very distinctive looks and style! I really like that about them! I love that they developed their own distinct "look" that is different from everyone else. I feel like a lot of models make up tends to look the same.

I've also found that its much easier for me to look gal if I go for a more extreme look. The lighter make up that's common in a lot of magazines I can't make look gal on my face. I just end up looking "normal", as a lot of people like to put it.

I can't wait to go shopping for new makeup after Christmas. We finally got a Sephora where I live, so maybe I can actually shop there a bit once I get some money!!

Things I need to buy:
♪ Mascara
♫ Brown/Neutral Eye shadow Pallete
 Stick Eyeliner
♫ Bottom & Top Lashes
♪ Eyebrow Gel
♫ Highlighting Make Up

I find it so hard to stray from what I normally buy when shopping for make up. Its easy with some items, like eye shadow, but mascara is hard! I'm very picky, and I don't want to waste $10! Does anyone have a recommended make up item or brand that they can't part with?

♪♫grimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment